Monday, March 8, 2010

Quantum Wellness Cleanse and Weight Watchers 21 Day Journey

Day 21.


21 days...I figured I would start at 21 and count backwards...like a rocketship count down to the big explosion and take off...Actually that is not the end result that I am looking for. I am undertaking the Quantum Wellness Cleanse which is a 21 day detox of all that is unhealthy and unholy (well, it is technically Lent, so I can put that in). I want to jumpstart my weight loss and be focused on healthful eating and of course to be fashionable and fabulous come Springtime. I just can't fit into my clothes from last year.


For the next three weeks, I will be abstaining from the Big Five: Gluton, Sugar, Alcohol, Caffeine and all Animal products. It is time to treat my Tent like a Temple! Spring Cleaning so to speak. In tandem to this plan, I also will be following the guidelines set out by Weight Watchers to the best of my ability. I will let you know what weird, wonderful and wacky combinations of food I ingest and also my moods and reflections on each day. I did just write moods...when I am hungry; I am in a Bad Mood. Lets hope not too many BMs happen unexpectedly. I do mean the double entendre there.


Day One: I awake to the warm and soothing smell of a Starbuck's dark roast brewing. Ok. This will be my first challenge of the day. Dutifully, I fill up my Weight Watchers 32oz water mug and add a bright an cheery luscious lemon slice to delight my senses and refresh my soul. Who am I kidding? I want the coffee.





Breakfast: Water, 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 banana and 1 tsp of ground flax seed, 1 tblsp of almond butter. 5 points. Note: Irish Steel Cut Oats are great. They take a while to cook, but these are already a part of my diet, so this is not a big change. My breakfast is a nutty banana bomb!





I am full. I still want some coffee. I am now supposed to do some meditation and tell myself to "Lean into the changes", but I am late for work so I can't "lean", I need to move it; now!





Lunch: Red Quinoa with two tblsp of pinto beans, some chives, 1 tsp of olive oil and two tbslp of fresh chunky salsa. 1 tsp of ground flax seed. 6 points. Snack consists of a Lara fruit and nut bar 5 points and some grapefruit and pineapple 2 points.





When I got home from work, I was famished. I proceeded to have 1 oz macadamia nuts. I wished I had looked up the points before inhaling them in one fatal swoop. 6 points.





Dinner: 1 cup of Kale sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil and garlic. 1 point. One prepared frozen gluten free cafe meal, "Asian Noodles" 10 points. Very pointy and not all that great IMHO. I have killer heartburn from it also.





In review: I consumed a huge amount of points. 35. I usually have only 23. I did get in all of my guidelines for WW if I count the Asian meal 35% calcium and the Kale. All of the nuts and the nut products sucked up my budget of points for the day. Technically, I used 12 of my WPA's and only have 23 left for the week. I usually enjoy these points on wine. Now that I cannot have wine...they will be around for me to eat something nutritious. As for my mood...it could be better. I did have a headache for a good part of the day; nothing debilitating, but it sure was annoying. I know that this is a side effect of caffeine withdrawal and is to be expected. Ironically, it felt similar to a good old fashioned hang over.


That is my musing for today. I have made it through day 21! To quote Miss Scarlett, " Tomorrow is Another Day"!

No comments:

Post a Comment