Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 17

Friday. Today is going to be tough. The weekend usually means a great deal of cooking and eating and wine. I just keep telling myself that in order to kick start weight loss, I need to give up the wine for a few weeks. I did not have a headache to start the day, which was good, but the same co-worker that had complimented me earlier this week asked "Are you alright? You look like you have been crying". Great ego boost to start the day. My skin is not looking so great. Some of the changes that Kathy Freston promises during the wellness cleanse are "clearer skin and eyes". Well this is obviously not the case with me.

Now the good news...weight is now 177.2! That is a loss of 3.4 pounds since Monday. I normally lose an average of 5lbs the first week of doing any type of weight loss program; so I am right on track.



Breakfast: 1/4 cup Kasha (buckwheat) cooked with nutmeg and cinnamon and sprinkled with 1 tsp flax seed, 6 diced dried apricots and 1/4 cup of walnuts. 9 points

Lunch: 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 cup of fresh salsa and 1/2 avocado diced. 100 cal pack of almonds and two rice cakes with 2 tblsp of tahini lemon hummus. 11 points


Snack: 1 mini bag of microwave popcorn. 1 point


Dinner: marinated (Lime juice and the vinegar from a jar of hot banana peppers) tempeh grilled and a sweet potato sliced into circles sprinkled with 2 tsp olive oil,cayenne, chili powder, black pepper, roasted an hour in a 400 degree oven. 10 points

I have eaten more than 23 points per day and have had quite a bit of my weekly points allowance of 35 points. I only have 3 points left. My food intake on Saturday and Sunday have to be 24 and 25 points only. I don't anticipate that I will be able to get some walking in as we are expecting torrential downpours for the next three days. The chapter today focuses on "moving your body" and encorporating exercise into your daily routine. Easier said than done! This weekend is the time change which will make for longer afternoons of sunshine and more light to take that "cleansing wellness" walk.


2 comments:

  1. Watch out! The day you do decide to have wine you will be wasted and sick the next day.....just a word of warning.

    Great Job for the work week! Keep on it for the next two days and you will be stronger to continue. xoxox

    ReplyDelete