Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 19

Another sunny day. I could get used to this! I made it through AI last night, but only about 15 minutes into Lost. I was so tired and listless. I felt exhausted. Before going to bed, I prepped my dinner for tonight. I decided on trying Tempeh. The kind I purchased is called LightLife Organic Three Grain. The Doppleganger for the Tempeh is bird suet. This stuff looks exactly like the seedy stuff you stick in the bird feeder to feed the birds; except suet has fat in it. My tempeh consists of soybeans, brown rice, barley, millet and plant lactic acid (hmm....I never knew a plant could lactate!) Very interesting. Apparantly, it will take on the taste of whatever you season it in. Considering I wanted filet mignon, I liberally seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, Spicy Bold A-1 and tobasco. I had to blanche the tempeh for 10 minutes and marinate overnight. Turning it once in the morning. These brown triangles of seeds look nothing like my filet of the past.


Weight: 179.4 down 1.2 yeah!


Breakfast: 4 oz of C-Boost fruit smoothie and 32oz sparling seltzer. Steel cut oats with craisons and walnuts and 1 tsp of Raspberry Agave Nectar. 11 points.

Lunch:Brown Rice Pasta, 1 cup of diced red pepper, two spears of asparagus cut in bite size pieces, 2 tsp olive oil and 1/2 cup marina and 6 oz Low Sodium V8. 7 points.

Dinner: Grilled marinated tempeh, broccoli and 1/2 avocado. 9 points. Peppermint tea with a splash of Silk light chocolate milk. I do not usually like to mix chocolate and mint; but I needed something that tasted remotely like chocolate. Note: the tempeh was tolerable. I will have to play around with the seasonings next time.



The chapter for today was all about meditation and visualization. This is not me at all. My idea of meditation is driving and cranking Lady Gaga and blocking out the world. I sing along and visualize that I am a pop star...All while driving my Honda Odyssey that has two car seats, atleast 1 shoe, 3 socks (unmatching), 4 DS cartidges, 23 movies and a million particles of various assundry food items and general debris. I have made it through day three. Also, as a P.S. : a co-worker at my office commented that "You look really nice today". Perhaps the Quantum Wellness Cleanse is working!





2 comments:

  1. Holy S&*(, 11 pts for Breakfast.
    You ARE a pop star for sticking to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nuts really suck up the points. I usually like to stick to 5 at the most for breakfast. I like having points available for snacks during the day. Can't wait for this to be over. Honestly!

    ReplyDelete