Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 8

Upon much reflection, I have abandoned the 21 day cleanse with 8 days to go. It is not working out for me. I do not feel Well; which is the point of doing it. I am pleased with the weight loss, but I actually attribute that more to Weight Watchers which is a tried and true trusted friend who has carried me from 217 pounds to where I am now.

My decision was not taken lightly. I discussed it with several people prior to breaking the "fast". I prepared a healthy dinner and enjoyed it. I did eat steak; but I only ate half of it. I did not want to get sick. I did not have any gluton and I am still drinking decaf for now. I enjoyed some wine and then switched to decaf tea before bed.

We are planning an upcoming trip to someplace warm with Palm trees...so I will continue my journey while counting weight watchers points. I know not to focus on just the destination; in this case vacation and my goal weight, but to enjoy the trip and time it takes to get there. I was not enjoying being a vegan. I can embrace some of the ideas and philosophies it has to offer, but it is not a program for me at this point in my life.

Thanks to all who read about my experiment. I will continue to write my musings as the tide continues to change and waves roll in and roll out.

No comments:

Post a Comment